Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kylie - Change Your Mind

Why is Kylie standing next to a giant white dildo in this photo? You just know Dannii would straddle that fucker as soon as look at it. But I digress. The topic of today's post is old probably news to most of you. Earlier this week "Change Your Mind" found its way online (probably via Elle's outbox), becoming the first official leak from the "Aphrodite" sessions. Kylie's dreamy jam received a rather cool response from fans but I love it. Produced by Deadmau5, "Change Your Mind" is the kind of soft and lovely electronic embrace that the elderly Minogue does better than anyone. Admittedly, it takes a couple of listens to get into and sounds decidedly unfinished but the bare bones of a great pop song are there. The lyrics (apparently written by Jake Shears) are really quite odd - walking the fine line between romance and realism. Take this little gem: "Don't worry about me, I'm right where I belong. I'm better off all by myself but you might prove me wrong." Pretty! And then there's that fabulous sample of Deadmau5's own "Brazil". Unfortunately, Alexis Jordan got there first - sampling the track to stunning effect on "Happiness", which I posted back in June. That could be why "Change Your Mind" remains unfinished but I hope it eventually finds its way on to a Deadmau5 compilation because the track has so much potential. Check out a hot fan edit below. This is my song of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment