Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Luciana - New Single & Tour!

2010 really is THE year of Luciana. The dance icon scored a double platinum top 3 smash in Australia with "I Like That", co-wrote the best song on Kylie's new album, scored an American record deal with Interscope and got to hang out with me. Could it get any better?! The answer, it seems, is yes. Luciana's recent collaboration with UK rapper Lethal Bizzle has been picked up for an Australian release by Ministry of Sound and was officially released to TV and radio today. "Go Go Go" is already sitting at #24 on the club chart with minimal promotion and looks set to be the diva's next antipodean smash. As much as I love "Skin I'm In", I think this is a much wiser choice for Australia and should go down like a cheap pro on radio. It ticks all the boxes - catering to urban, pop and dance fans. And name checks Beyoncé, so it's clearly amazing. The video (below) is a complete trip and probably brings on epilepsy if you watch it too many times but I love it and can't wait to see it on Channel V. My only gripe is with the scary cover (above) but you can't have everything. In other exciting news, Luciana is returning to Sydney on the 21st of August to headline the Endless Summer music festival. Later that day, she's flying up to Brisbane for a gig at Family nightclub. Decisions, decisions. Fuck it. I'll do both!

No comments:

Post a Comment